Amitiel's Dog House

Thursday, April 20, 2006















Sugar has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!

At 5 weeks old and 11 pounds, having received my 1st set of shots, I got a new home. Like any new baby, I sleep a lot at this age. My adopted brothers were quick to like me, however, Amy was hesitant. Max and I soon learned to play gently together. Wow, what a size difference between us. And to think I may well be close to his size in a year's time.

7 weeks old, and I have now gone to see my new vet. Dr. Bell (the wife of the team) says I am in good health and gave me my next set of shots and a shot record. I have grown a bit, nearly 2 pounds in 9 days. Mommy takes me to work with her every day, as I am too little to leave at home with Max just yet. This is fun. The office Mommy works in has an "office cat", who normally hates dogs. It seems she knows I am a baby and even comes to greet me each morning when we get there. She also likes my food and I like hers, even if Mom stops us from eating each other's.

10 weeks old now, I am 21.5 lbs and growing fast. I am taller than Scooter, as well as out-weighting him. Potty training is coming along. Dad & Mom were wondering if I would ever learn my name, but I got it!! I am also learning to walk on the leash, to sit, come, and "no"! Mom says puppy training classes starts on May 11th. I stay awake more and more now. I love playing with my siblings, especially Max. I had another set of shots this week. Dr. Bell (the husband) gave me a very good exam and he too said I was in great health. I got micro-chipped too. Dr. Bell said in 3 weeks I can finish with my puppy shots. Yeah! I now get to stay home with everybody during the day!! I love my new siblings. And we all play too! I am as gentle with Amy as Max was with me when I was her size. She maybe the oldest, but she is also the smallest!! If only I could jump on & off the bed like my brothers do, I am big enough, I just don't understand the height thing yet. Mom is proud of my behavior, I am calm yet inquistive. Dad thinks I will be the dominate 1 when fully grown, because I like to play harder with Max now and always try to win every game. (And sometimes do!) But at nap time, I make Max lay with me. And I usually sleep at his head.

Here I am at 14 weeks old, see how I have grown!!!!!!!!! 5/8/06 Vet says I am 29 1/2 lbs today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home